Ph.D., LCMHC, NCC
I am a Licensed Clinical Mental Health Counselor in North Carolina (#12555) and a Nationally Certified Counselor (#755762). I received my Bachelor of Arts degree in Psychology from UNC Chapel Hill and a Master of Science degree in Counseling from UNC Greensboro. I completed a counseling internship at Wake Forest University during my master’s program. I received my Doctor of Philosophy degree at UNC Greensboro, specializing in Sport and Exercise Psychology.
I value helping clients resolve current concerns, as well as past issues that can impact daily life. I use Person-Centered, Cognitive-Behavioral, and Solution-Focused Therapy frameworks and techniques to help clients work toward making and maintaining positive changes. My services include individual counseling for adults and adolescents.
I participate with a variety of insurance company networks. However, you may wish to speak with your insurance company to make certain I am a participating provider with your particular network.
My interests and training include, but are not limited to, the following areas:
- Anxiety Concerns (e.g., consistent worry, fears, social anxiety)
- Depression and Related Mood Concerns
- Stress (e.g., life, work, relationships)
- Trauma and Related Concerns
- Anger Difficulties
- Obsessive-Compulsive and Related Concerns
- Self-Esteem Concerns
- Life Transitions and Adjustment Difficulties
In addition to general counseling sessions, I work with athletes to address both sport performance concerns and life issues. I have experience working with athletes across different age groups and competitive levels in areas including, but not limited to, the following:
- General Performance Concerns (e.g., performance inconsistencies)
- Concentration/Focus Difficulties
- Performance Anxiety
- Thought Management (e.g., self-talk adjustments)
- Emotion and Energy Management/Regulation (e.g., relaxation training)
Dr. Jamian Newton practices out of the Greensboro location. Please contact the administrative staff to find out when Dr. Newton is available for an appointment.
Currently, Dr. Jamian Newton is only meeting with clients via telehealth appointments.
Make an Appointment
Dr. Newton is available by voice message on his extension. If you are interested in making an appointment with Dr. Newton, please call the Greensboro office or contact the administrative staff.